Just over approximate 3 hours from Bangkok, bustling streets of Bangkok, experience a peaceful and tranquil retreat on the unspoiled island of Koh Samet. Situated in the Gulf of Thailand, just off the coastline of Rayong Province, Koh Samet is the largest island in the Khao Laem Ya - Mu Ko Samet National Park and is an area of outstanding and unspoiled natural beauty. Much of the island is still undeveloped and covered in dense, tropical jungle that gives way to beautiful stretches of white sand beach, hidden coves and gently curving bays.
For a comfortable and convenient journey, we are pleased to arrange VIP transfers between Bangkok and Ao Prao Pier in Rayong Province. From here, a short 25 minute sea crossing by shuttle boat will transport you to Ao Klang Pier on the quiet northern coastline of Koh Samet, just a few minutes away from the Samed Club at Ao Noi Na. This peaceful stretch of pristine white sand beach offers a quieter alternative to the more popular and crowded Sai Kaew Beach and a chance to embrace a more traditional way of island life. Should you wish to experience the dining and nightlife hotspots on Sai Kaew Beach, then it is only a short taxi or motorbike ride away.
There are 5 options of transportation from Bangkok to Choose from your trip
Located only 220 kilometers from Bangkok, Rayong and Koh Samet can be accessed within approximate 3 hours by different means of transport to suit your convenience. Driving is easy and the road is well-indicated. Even though cars are not allowed on to Koh Samet, there are parking service on the mainland at “Ban Phe” where you can leave your car and ferry/or speed boat to the island. Buses frequently leave Bangkok’s Ekkamai Bus Terminal to Ban Phe where the piers to the island are located. It is also possible to fly but the nearest airport is located Chonburi which will require a road transfer to Rayong.
Note: All guests who stay at Paradee, Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa, Ao Prao Resort, Sai Kaew Beach Resort, Baan Ploy Sea and Samed Club Baan Supparod have to take the boat transfer to Koh Samet at resort pier “Ao Prao Pier” and “Jadet Pier” (for Paradee guests) in Ban Phe only.
From Bangkok to Rayong: Rayong is roughly 200 km southeast of Bangkok. There are several different routes to drive between Bangkok and Rayong and the boat pier in Ban Phe. From Pattaya to Ban Phe about 1 hour.
- Route: 1 Follow Sukhumvit Road (Highway No.3): Starting from Bangkok passes Bangpu District, Chonburi town, Bangsaen, Sri Racha District, Pattaya, Hat Jomtien, Sattahip District, Ban Chang District to arrive in the center of Rayong Province. The total distance is 220 kilometers.
- Route: 2 The most popular route, starting from Bangna-Rayong Road (Highway No.34) via Bang Phli and Bang Bo District (Samut Prakan Province) and Highway No.3 at km. 70. The total distance is 220.
- Route: 3 Drive along Highway No.3 to Bang Lamung, then turn off of Highway No.3 at Km.140 and continue on Highway No.36 to Rayong. Total distance is 210 kilometres.
- Route: 4 Taking Highway No.344 (Ban Bung-Klaeng) at Chonburi town, passing Ban Bung, Nong Yai, Wang Chan and finishing at Klaeng District, Rayong Province. The total distance is 100 kilometres. (Bangkok-Chonburi is 80 kilometres)This route is suitable for those who like to go sightseeing in Klaeng District and Khao Chamao-Khao Wong National Park or passing through Chanthaburi Province.
- Route: 5 Use the Motorway, starting from Phatthanakarn Road, Prawet District, Bangkok and drive all the way up to Pattaya (120 kilometres), then switch to use Highway No.36 and proceed for another 50 kilometres to Rayong and 30 kilometers from Rayong City to Ao Prao Pier.
Bangkok- Rayong (Ekamai)
From Ekkamai, the busses, which leave throughout the day, complete the journey in approximate 3.5 hours. Air conditioned buses (Cherd Chai Tour) leave Ekkamai Eastern Bus Terminal in Bangkok to Cherd Chai Tour Bus Termal in Ban Phe every 1 hour from 05.00 am until 07.00 pm and leave Ban Phe to Ekkamai Eastern Bus Terminal in Bangkok every hour from 04.00 am. until 06.30 pm.
From Ban Phe Bus terminal, visitors must walk to Ao Prao Pier about 5 minutes.
There are also busses from Bangkok’s Mo Chit Northern Bus Terminal to Rayong town, from where visitors must take a songtaew to Ban Phe. From Pattaya, busses also head to Rayong, from where visitors must also get a songtaew or tuk tuk to the pier at Ban Phe. Minibuses from Pattaya go directly to Ban Phe.
The nearest airport to Koh Samet is U-Tapao, about 45 km from Ban Phe. There are limited flights on Bangkok Airways, Thai Air Asia and Thai Lion Air to and from U-Tapao, namely into and out of Koh Samui and Phuket.
There is no direct scheduled flight from Bangkok to Rayong, but Bangkok Airways has daily flights from Samui to Utapao airport, which is approximate 1.5 hours by bus from Rayong. Some charter airlines fly direct to Utapao airport where vacationers can disembark for either Rayong or Pattaya without having to pass through Bangkok's Don Mueang International airport.
- By Boat - Once in Ban Phe, visitors must take a speed boat to Koh Samet at Jadet Pier (for Paradee guests only), which typically takes between 15 and 30 minutes. Details as below;
- Ao Prao Pier (Latitude 12.626 11 N / Longitude 101.4475 6 E) Ao Prao Pier is a official pier of Samed Resorts Group and providing free parking and round trip shuttle boat transfer for guests who stay at Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa, Ao Prao Resort, Sai Kaew Beach Resort, Baan Ploy Sea and Samed Club Baan Supparod. It’s closed to Chock-Kritsada Pier.
Ao Noi-Na, Koh Samet : 25 Moo 4, Tumbol Phe, Amphur Mueng, Rayong 21160 Thailand
T: +66 (0)38 644 341 to 4
M: +66 061 413 8456
Ao Prao Pier292/4-5 Moo 2 Phe Road, Tumbol Banphe,
Amphur Muang, Rayong 21160
T: +66 (0)38 651 134
M: +66 084 102 0021
Reservation Center (Bangkok office)
(Working : Monday – Friday during 8.30 hrs. – 17.30 hrs., Saturday during 8.30hrs. – 16.00 hrs., Sunday & Public Holiday : Closed)
T: +66 2 438 9771-2 Ext. 100-105 ,
+66 2 437 7849 -51
F: +66 2 439 0352
E: [email protected]
Sales & Marketing Department (Bangkok office), Wedding and Group Meeting
(Working : Monday – Friday during 8.30 hrs. – 17.30 hrs, Saturday during 8.30 hrs. – 12.00 hrs., Sunday & Public Holiday : Closed)
T: +66 2 438 9771-2 Ext. 106-113 ,
+66 2 437 7849 -51
F: +66 2 439 0352
E: [email protected]
|From Ao Prao Pier||:11AM / 1.30PM / 4PM|
|From Ao-Klang Pier (Koh Samet)||:10AM/ 12.30PM / 3PM|
- Big boat will provide for guests who stay at Sai Kaew Beach Resort, Baan Ploy Sea, Samed Club and Baan Supparod.
- Speed boat will provide for guests who stay at Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa and Ao Prao Resort.
- If guests cannot take the shuttle boat as schedule, guests can go to Koh Samet by a private speed boat that offer the convenience of taking you directly to resort on Koh Samet.
- To avoide any delay upon transfer-in, please be ready at Ao Prao Pier, Ban Phe 30 minutes before departure time in order to have the pre-check in process.
- To avoide any delay upon transfer-out, please be ready at the lobby 30 minutes before departure time.
Private Speed Boat Service (Service 24 hours)
|Private Speed Boat (1 engine, Maximum 1-6 persons included child and infant)||: Fee at THB 2,000.- per boat per one way|
|Private Speed Boat (2 engines, Maximum 7-18 persons included child and infant)||: Fee at THB 4,000.- per boat per one way|
Note : Routing from Ao Prao Pier (mainland, Ban Phe)to Ao Klang Pier, Koh Samet
Book private speed boat service and more information, please contact ;
- Reservation Dept. : Tel. (66) 02 438 9771 to 2 Ext. 100 to 105 (Open everyday during 7.00 hrs.-18.00 hrs.)
- Ao Prao Pier : Tel. (66) 038 651 134 (Open everyday during 8.30 hrs. – 18.00 hrs.)
- Hotel Front Desk : Tel. (66) 038 644 341 to 4, Mobile : 061 413 8456
Email: [email protected] , [email protected]